Catalog: BBAUR – AURORA™
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. Saccharomyces cerevisiae monoculture
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 76-86%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Subtle Orange & Citrus Zest
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.