Catalog: BB99301A – Chardonnay
- Type: Saccharomyces cerevisiae boulardii. Local Yeast.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 70%-80%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.4-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Clean, Spicy, Lemon, Banana, Fruit Forward
- Flocculation: Low-Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 66-72ºF
Product Category: Local Yeast Project™
Local Yeast Project™ cultures are our hand-picked favorite Local Yeast Project™ strains that were originally sourced from local areas around the U.S. and the world. These cultures are a great opportunity for brewers interested in the areas they were sourced to create a house wild culture for brewing. The majority of Local Yeast Project cultures will be considered clean-fermenting, are highly attenuative and work best at normal ale temperatures.
Due to these culture’s wild nature, there will be variations in fermentation performance and flavor/aroma contributions batch to batch. Brewing with local wild cultures will be a fun and unique experience, but will be far more variable than with domesticated brewer’s yeast. This is an opportunity to get a truly local flavor by starting with a local wild culture and shaping it to your preferences and brewing profile.