BBUSA1 – Classic American
Availability: Limited, Bootleg Classic.
Source: American breweries who originated the American IPA & Pale Ale styles
Professional brewers fondly refer to this culture as Chico. This is THE yeast for recreating authentic hop-forward beer styles like American Pale Ales, West Coast IPAs, East Coast IPAs, Brut IPAs, & Black IPAs. Reliably produces no-nonsense Blonde Ales, American Porters and Stouts. Ideal for fermenting quick sours due to its low pH tolerance.
Classic American will delightfully emphasize malt character, the stickiness of hops and the refreshing qualities of bitterness. This culture will not make a pillowy beer.
🚀🚀🚀 This homebrew culture qualifies for FAST Flat Rate Shipping (2 Day Air) with NO order minimum!
Please note that temperatures may vary wildly during shipment and after delivery. We highly recommend shipping to a person/location that can immediately refrigerate the culture once delivered.
Before ordering, please read Bootleg Biology’s homebrew culture shipping policy. By ordering cultures, you are agreeing to this policy. Thank you!
Commercial Brewers: Please visit our Commercial Pitches page to order 1 to 30BBL sized pitches.
Catalog: BBUSA1 – Classic American
- Type: Ale Yeast; Saccharomyces cerevisiae (non-STA1)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 73-78%;
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.5
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Malt-forward, hop stickiness, bitter, fruity
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-72F (18C-22C)
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Bootleg Classic
This culture is part of our Bootleg Classic program, traditional cultures that have stood the test of time.
|Dimensions||5 × .5 × 8 in|