Catalog: BBXDNPA – Double NEEPAH™ *BETA*
- Type: Blend ofSaccharomyces yeast cultures (non-STA1)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 78-87%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Citrus-forward, otherwise “clean” tasting
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities or early flocculation/stalling. Pitch and Ferment at 85F (30C) or higher for quickest fermentation time.
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Bootleg BETA
This culture is part of our Bootleg BETA program. We have done limited testing and are not ready to officially release this culture. So let us know what you think! If it’s awesome…or you hate it..leave a comment on the product page. If you like it, we might rerelease this Bootleg BETA culture officially.
Derek (verified owner) –
Just used this for the first time on a 1.058 OG hazy IPA. Didn’t use a starter, but I had a very active fermentation within 4 hours of pitching the yeast. FG was 1.013. I fermented at 90 degrees F. I am very pleased with the results. Nice, fruity flavor. Can’t wait to see how it performs when I reuse it in the next batch. I hope they make this a permanent addition to the available homebrew cultures.
Garreth Wippel (verified owner) –
What an absolute awesome yeast. By far the juiciest NEIPA I’ve ever made and it is hands down because of this yeast. Fermented hot, 98ish and finished after about 3 days. The dry hops also didn’t seem to be affected by the hot temps either. Highly recommend (after I order mine first of course).
Michael Reina (verified owner) –
I’ve made sure to order this every time it’s released. Be sure to experiment more with this yeast! Lots of fun.