Catalog: BBXJKG – FerMENTORS Jester King Brewery Culture
- Type: Yeast & lactic acid bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into five gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 92%-98%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (unhopped), 3.8-4.0 (hopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Belgian spice, funky, sour (unhopped); varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)
Product Category: Bootleg FerMENTORS Series
Bootleg Biology is the exclusive producer & distributor of the Jester King Brewery Culture.
The FerMENTORS Series features house yeast and bacteria cultures from our favorite mixed-fermentation breweries. From spontaneous, local terroir to artfully inoculated fermentations, these cultures were carefully curated by the best of the best in wild and sour brewing. Never commercially released before, these unique cultures are the building blocks of world-class beers that you can now recreate in your brewery.
Brandon Mullins (verified owner) –
I took a shot on this yeast, as the dregs I had weren’t optimal. This is an absolutely wonderful strain for mixed culture farmhouse ales. The expression I get is a very smooth and rounded saison saccharomyces yeast, and a nice tartness from the lacto, and the brett is a very nice barynard/horse blankety thing going on. The balance I get is awesome! I let mine age about 6 weeks, and got fantastic expression from everything. I will definitely keep this in my arsenal. Seems extremely versatile.
Aaron (verified owner) –
Brewed a table beer (OG 1.033, FG 1.007) inspired by Jester King La Petite Prince 13 months ago. Bottled 6 months ago. The beer garnered a gold medal in a local homebrew competition and 2nd place Best of Show overall (out of 250+ entrants). I managed to run into one of the judges at a local brewery and he told me the only reason it didn’t win BOS overall was because they couldn’t place the base style (i listed as grisette) to judge it accordingly. Wonderful lemon notes, great refresher.