Catalog: BB0022 – Funk Weapon™ Series: #3
- Type: Yeast. Brettanomyces bruxellensis
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 80%-95% (lower attenuation when used as primary culture)
- Estimated Final pH: 3.9-4.3
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: mild funk, ripe tropical fruit, strawberry, cherry
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal Ale Temperatures
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.