Catalog: BBXNPA– NEEPAH BLEND™
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. S. cerevisiae, variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 75-82%; attenuation will increase with higher ferm temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.1-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Huge citrus & mango; highly emphasizes the juiciness of tropical hops
- Flocculation: Low, HAZY (but not yeasty!)
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 66-70F; recommend increase temperature a few degrees two to three days after pitching
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.