Catalog: BBBELG2– OB Belgian Ale
- Type: Ale yeast; brewer’s yeast monoculture (STA1+)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 1.060 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: High 80s to Low 90s AA%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.1-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Candied sugar, mildly phenolic, yeast-driven esters. Light bubblegum at higher fermentation temperatures.
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: High 60s F to low 70s F
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.