OB Belgian Ale *BETA*
BBBELG2 – OB Belgian Ale *BETA*
Availability: Exclusive, Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
Source: A traditional Belgian Oud Bruin producer.
OB is a rare treat. Never previously commercially available, this is the pure, clean yeast culture used to primary ferment a highly regarded traditional Belgian Oud Bruin. This culture does not contain Brett or Lactic Acid Bacteria.
Creates totally unique Belgian table beers and Abbey-style ales that are dry, pleasantly spicy, ester driven, and taste of candied sugar.
When producing traditional mixed fermentation Belgian beers we recommend copitching, or pitching in secondary, our Sour Solera Blend or Mad Fermentationist Saison cultures.
Please note that temperatures may vary wildly during shipment and after delivery. We highly recommend shipping to a person/location that can immediately refrigerate the culture once delivered.
Before ordering, please read Bootleg Biology’s homebrew culture shipping policy. By ordering cultures, you are agreeing to this policy. Thank you!
Commercial Brewers: Please visit our Commercial Pitches page to order 1 to 30BBL sized pitches.
Out of stock
Catalog: BBBELG2 – OB Belgian Ale *BETA*
- Type: Ale yeast; brewer’s yeast monoculture (STA1+)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: High 80s to Low 90s AA%
- Estimated Final pH: TBD
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Candied sugar, mildly phenolic, yeast-driven esters. Light bubblegum at higher fermentation temperatures.
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: High 60s F to low 70s F
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Bootleg BETA
This culture is part of our Bootleg BETA program. We have done limited testing and are not ready to officially release this culture. So let us know what you think! If it’s awesome…or you hate it..leave a comment on the product page. If you like it, we might rerelease this Bootleg BETA culture officially.
|Dimensions||5 × .5 × 8 in|